Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Baby Mia

This is how it started:
We received some very alarming news. At a visit to the cardiologist we were informed that our unborn baby girl (Mia) has a severe congenital heart defect. We were devastated. We spent the weekend away with phones shut off and time to cry till there was just no more liquid in our bodies. We are so in love with this little baby and we are prepared to do all that is necessary to help heal her heart. Her heart disease is called Critical Aortic Stenosis. The abnormally tiny opening in her aortic valve has severely affected her mitral valve resulting in a very dilated and dysfunctional left ventricle. We are still in need of much information at this point, but it looks like there is no alternative but for Mia to have a heart transplant upon birth. She will not be able to sustain her own life and will need to be in an ICU until a donor heart becomes available. It still feels like I just stepped off the stage from an Oprah episode, but I think that we have come to grips and are preparing for a miracle. We know that the Lord has prepared a way for this to work out. We are preparing for the best, and look forward to witnessing miracles in the near future. This little one is very active and wants us to know she is here and ready to fight.

3 comments:

Jacob and Mindy T. said...

I found this blog through my friend Brittany and my prayers and thoughts are with you and your family. I will keep praying for the heart you need for your sweet baby.

The Heaps Family said...

Mimi, I am so sorry for what you and your little family is going through. If there is anything that I can do to help, please let me know. You are in my prayers.

Valarie (Farr) Heaps

Samantha said...

I'm a friend of Jaime's and am sending this blog link to everyone I know. I will continue to pray for you and your beautiful baby girl.