Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Miss Mia

Mia was featured in the Puyallup Herald on Christmas Day and the Tacoma News Tribune yesterday. Here are the links to read about her story. I thought it was well written and very informative!
For Mia, a gift of life and love
Dozens of Northwest children need heart transplants
http://www.thenewstribune.com/news/local/puyallup/story/580262.html
Mia enjoyed a nice Christmas with her family. She is still on many medications but is happy nonetheless. Her mommy, Mimi shared some nice words that I thought I'd post:
The best thing about Christmas was being home, and being home with this little babino. She is such a sweet baby and is the best Christmas present I could have ever asked for. Christmas is a great time to think about what is important to you and reflect on how blessed you have been throughout the year. I doubt there will be another year like this one. We have been through so much together as a family and are strengthened because of it. I don't take life for granted and I hold that little sweetie pie knowing what a miracle it is that she is alive. Also, I think of her donor family and how they are feeling on Christmas day. I hope they can feel of our gratitude to them. We are incredibly blessed, and have seen many miracles. I now know a greater level of Joy because of Mia. I have a better understanding of the atonement and what the savior did for all of us. Christmas will never be the same for me.Thank you to everyone who has done so much for our family this year. We could not have made it on this journey without many of you!! Merry Christmas to you all!!


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Read your story in the paper yesterday. WOW! I will be praying for your family. We are also from the Puyallup/Tacoma area, my daughter was diagnoses at 11 weeks old with cancer and has only been given a 10% chance of survival. She's 2 1/2. Doing GREAT! Still has stable cancer, but we feel your journey, even though they are different, we've spent the last 2 1/2 yrs at Childrens and I will be praying. We also have a 5 year old daughter. God has given us a miracle and it sounds as if you are receiving one too! I also understand, no germs, being careful, feeding tubes, etc...
God Bless your family & Happy New Year!-Jill

www.prayerservant.org/ps_alexis/

Anonymous said...

I read your story in the paper today and was very moved by your courage and adorable little girl. My daughter was born with a blocked intestine and had major surgery when she was just 12 hours old. We spent 5 weeks at Children's (which is an amazing facility) and were actually released on July 8, which I believe is Mia's birthday. Reading your story brings back a flood of emotions. The fear I felt everyday not knowing whether it was going to be a good day or a bad day. Feeling like I would never be able to hold my baby without any tubes, wires, or IV's. Then the constant trips back to Children's and the ER we know too well. We went home with a feeding tube as well and numerouse medications. My daughter is now 7months old, free of the feeding tube, only take one medication now for reflux and happy and doing well. If theres one thing this experience has taught me is what a miracle life is and how very lucky we are to have her. I will be praying for you and your little girl! She is beautiful and lucky to have a family like yours!

Anonymous said...

I was moved by your story in the TNT and the strength of your family and support network. You are impressive in your care for your daughter and I'm amazed that you have kept up pumping breastmilk for her. It's so good for her especially as she needs the very best. Keep in mind that La Leche League is available for breastfeeding support and we are all hoping for Mia's recovery and future health.

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful little girl and I hope she will continue to progress. I will say a prayer for her for healing and strength. I was so sad when I saw all the pictures I wasn't even going to enter the giveaway. Thank you!
llchacko(at)hotmail.com