Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Update on Lil' Miss Mia

I've thought for months about what I would say when I got to post about her getting a new heart! So far I don't think any of my posts have been what I pictured them being but I'm just so grateful this day came. I think all of the emotions and lack of sleep have kept my brain a little foggy but nonetheless I'm so happy these following posts will be about her recovery! I'm sure everyone has been anxiously awaiting on update on Mia and I'm sorry to have kept you waiting! Mia is doing great! Her heart rate is good, her oxygen saturation is wonderful, she's got good color and I don't think the doctors, surgeons etc could have asked for a better donor heart! So far everything looks good and these next few days will be telling! Unfortunately Mimi is not feeling well. I'm sure it's a combo of all the emotions, lack of sleep fom the time she got the call etc. Please continue to pray for their family as they still have a long journey of healing ahead of them! I have to say how amazing our medical science is these days. What a wonderful thing these talented doctors can do. And what a wonderful gift this donor family gave Mia! Mia's mom and dad said the doctors seemed giddy after the surgery and how they were so happy with the condition of the heart and that there no complications! I can't help but cry when I think of all Mia and her family have endured and how these next moments will be kind of difficult but hopefully also rewarding as they finally get to watch their baby start to live a pretty normal life!
King 5 news did a little update on Mia last night and I'm working on getting a link for those of you who weren't able to see it! I have to say thanks again for everyone's support and for a loving Heavenly Father that hears and answers prayers. It has truly made a difference in the life of The McDonald Family.

5 comments:

Shelley Eggett said...

I mostly leave my posts on the family blog, but Thank you for your posts and pictures, and all the wonerful things you have done for John and Mimi. It's been really hard for me to watch my friend suffer so much and not be able to do anything for her. I'm glad to know she's in good hands with wonderful friends like you.

Anonymous said...

This is wonderful news and our prayers continue for Mia and the family. May she grow stronger every day. God Bless!

Abbie said...

So glad to hear the news about Mia. I think I cried off and on all day yesterday. This little girl just pulls at my heartstrings. (No pun intended)

Simple Living Lady said...

We are praying i just found this blog and my heart is longing to be with your family!
Praying Praying Praying!

Melissa said...

I had a baby about the time little Mia was born and I can't say how many times I have opened this blog and just cried. I can't imagine what it would be like to have my little Landon in the hospital for so long just waiting. My prayers are with little Mia and her family. We are so excited she finally got a heart and hope the recovery goes great!